Do you want to learn a Turkey Chili Recipe so that you can cook it for dinner tonight? As usual, here we are on a Friday teaching you a great and easy recipe! It was a long and good week, you deserve a treat, you might not want to go to a restaurant, though, so why not make something at home?
Today you’ll be learning how to prepare a delicious Turkey Chili Recipe. It can be served in bowls, and you can even use regular toppings, plus some tortilla chips and melted cheese. I bet you can even feel the smell, can’t you? Grab your Chef’s hat and let’s get it started!
Turkey Chili Recipe: What do I need?
For this recipe you will need:
• One large onion, don’t forget to chop it;
• One garlic clove, but have it minced;
• A few Drops of olive oil;
• 1 pound ground turkey or beef;
• Salt and pepper as you like;
• Four Tablespoons of chili powder;
• One 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes;
• One tablespoon of oregano;
• 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne;
• One bay leaf;
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (MUST);
• One 14-ounce can of drained black beans.
Let’s Get To Work
You must sauté the onion and garlic in the oil for about three minutes on an over medium-low heat. Next, you should turn up the heat to medium-high and brown the meat, so it loses the pink color. Now you might add salt, pepper as you like, and the chili powder as well. After hearing the sizzle, and the spices are cooking, add the tomatoes and whatever is left of the spices.
Having turned down the heat, you should simmer for ten to fifteen minutes, and the add the beans. Cook until the beans are warmed up, approximately five more minutes. You’re done!
For other recipes, check out our previous posts.