Often times we lack motivation to do things, we don’t feel like starting anything new, we don’t feel like finishing anything we were supposed to. But if you think about when we were children, we had dreams, we had energy and most importantly we had disposition, and motivation. What happened to us then?
When we were children everything seemed easier; build a company from scratch, make business of any kind, be a professional athlete, travel around the world. Those were probably dreams you had when you were young. You might still have those dreams today. But why does it feel harder now than it felt back then?
Sometimes all you need is motivation and attitude! When you were a child, you were always motivated, you thought you ruled the world, you believed yourself. But as you grow older, you lose that motivation; you let people put you down, you let people tell you can’t do something. They don’t know you; they don’t know where you came from, however, they seem to always have it figured out. And you listen to them. Well DON’T!
It’s not going to be easy, nothing is easy in life. But you must give that leap of faith and trust yourself! If you’ve watched that movie about Rocky Balboa you know that being successful “It’s not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward”. So if you fall, stand up, clean the dust and start over. Aristotle once said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit”. So if you have a habit to giving up, you’re never going to be able to finish anything. Instead build a habit of perseverance, if you fall, stand up and keep on walking forward. It’s only failure when you give up. Keep on pushing and you’re going to end up accomplishing your dreams.
And you, restaurant owners that are not feeling too motivated lately, here is some motivation for you:
Restaurant Motivation Quotes
- “Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with your marketing” – Mike Volpe
- “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles” – Steve Jobs
- “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way” – Napoleon Hill
- “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is – it is what consumers tell each other it is” – Scott Cook
- “Action is the foundational key to all success” – Pablo Picasso
- “Simplicity is the key to brilliance”- Bruce Lee
- “A lot of restaurants serve good food, but they don’t have very good service.” – Wolfgang Puck
- “It’s not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle money… It is the customer who pays the wages” – Henry Ford
- “I learned more from the one restaurant that didn’t work than from all the ones that were success.” – Wolfgang Puck
- “Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.” – Henry Ford
- “It takes an army of talented and creative people to execute a successful restaurant.” – Callista Wengler
Hopefully this was of any help to you. Hopefully you will feel inspired, motivated to do more, to be greater and to keep working. Whether you have a restaurant, or you’re willing to open one, don’t give up. Believe yourself and you’ll be successful. And if you need any tips about the restaurant business check out our blog.
We leave you now with one last quote:
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going” – Jim Ryun